Sunday, December 23, 2007

My First Posting

Hello All!

Many of you might know me from www.maryjanesfarm.org (www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz)

I guess to start of my new blog, I should let you know a little about myself.

I was born in a small town in Wyoming where I had a wonderful childhood in a loving family. I have 3 older sisters who I count as some of my best and closest friends (now that we are all adults) and two wonderful parents.

I was very much the tomboy when I was younger. I hated dresses, my knees were constantly skinned, and I loved roaming around half wild more than anything.

I have always loved the outdoors. I have a natural affinity with most animals and have always dreamed of somehow incorporating something to do with animals to finishe the sentence "When I grow up I want to . . ."

I "helped" my dad and grandfather build our smallish log cabin as I grew up. I remember lots of weekends ending with coffee and cherry pie at a local restraunt. It was lots of fun. Usually my "helping" was really me roaming the woods. I learned to read deer tracks and entertain myself with a (if I may say so) fantastic imagination.

Once I learned to write- no piece of paper was sacred. I love to write down stories, poetry, draw or paint. My mom is a wonderful artist in just about every medium possible. I someday home to be able to come close to some of her skills in the artistry department.

Currently, I live in the Pacific Northwest. I am hoping to move closer to my hometown soon, though. We moved out here for college (my husband and I). But we are finding that our hearts want us to be closer to our family.

We had a wonderful thing happen to us this year. Our daughter entered our lives and has changed everything for us. She is a constant joy and source of great entertainment.

So on this blog, you will probably find me posting a lot about those things that are important to me. Watch for posts on how to be frugal, practical natural mothering, gardening, organic and responsible living/eating, crafting, and farmily adventures. Please post comments and suggestions for future posts! I always love feedback!

I will probably host give-aways and drawing occasionally, and with an pending move I will probably be downsizing! Stay Tuned....

With love...

Farmgirl Alee

4 comments:

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

Alee -- I'm so glad that you started a blog. I am adding it to my favorites!! Can't wait to hear about the adventures of Farmerette Nora!

Merry Christmas.

Hugs,
Kay

Day4plus said...

very good, Alee. Don't forget the many pictures we will love to see. And it's easy too. MB

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Good for you, Alee! It is so nice to see little Nora ~ what a dolly!

Tina Leavy said...

hi Alee and Nora ;0) glad to see that you have joined blogland.
Merry Christmas!

My Beautiful Nora Girl

Nora's Musings