Saturday, April 28, 2012

Down 10lbs and a pant size

I have met my modified goal of losing 10 pounds in a month.  I still have two days left so let's see by how much I can exceed it! 

Now her is the really exciting news.  About 6 months ago I was buying new pants because all my others were getting too small.  I knew a certain size and make of the "George" brand at Walmart would work and I wanted nice looking slacks.  I was in a hurry so I grabbed a pair, but did not try it on.  I was ashamed when I realized I had grabbed the wrong size but I didn't have time to exchange them.  So I have been lugging around these size 16 slacks that were WAY too small for me for all this time. 

They were so small that I could not even think of buttoning them and I was having a hard time getting them over my mammoth thighs.  Yuck.  Not a fun mental image there.  Sorry about that.  Then my 18s started to get tight.  Yikes.  This was getting out of control.  Then I hit my heaviest ever.  193.  On a 5 foot frame.  Really not good.

So now I am on the Atkins journey and have lost actually from my heaviest- just shy of 13 pounds in a month and week.

So tonight, inspired by the losses posted by others on the Atkins board I decided to try on my own personal albatross.  And guess what?  Over the thighs.... great I think!  Over the rump- even better!  Can I button (this was where I had had about a 3-4 inch gap before)?  Suck it in...and yes!  Button!  Can I slip buckle?  Yes!  And can I zip?  Yes!

Now to be sure- they are a bit skin tight over the rump and thighs...so they won't be on my wardrobe list for another week or two- but this is the first time EVER that I have actually gotten the darn things on!!  My current size 18s from the same company are starting to get loose and I could pull them down and off without unbuttoning if I really wanted to.  I don't need a belt with them yet but I am SO looking forward to the day when I do!  I have some jeans that have been patiently waiting for me to stop being such a cow that are now going to get to see the light of day again.  I am so so excited!

I am starting my exercise in earnest now.  Horseback riding and working on the Eliptical as well as walking on my breaks.  Do you think I can step up the weightloss and hit 15lbs next month?  That was my goal this month but I didn't quite make it.  I would dearly love to surprise my family with a great loss before my Grandfather's birthday on June 9th.  Lets see- so I am 181 right now so I could be in the 160's before June 9th then I am going to be the happiest girl!  That would put me back to what I weighed about the time Nora was born and I would have to buy new clothes!!  I can't wait until I have to buy new clothes because everything is too big!

I am having so much fun losing weight.  It is so much more fun than putting on the pounds!

2 comments:

Blessed in Colorado said...

Congratulations Alee, I wish you much luck on your next goal. I know you can do it.
Continued fun!
Hugs,
Debbie

Alee said...

Thanks Debbie! I appreciate the kind words! I can't wait until I can finally get back to wearing the clothes I want to wear and just having the energy and health to do everything I want to do! :)

My Beautiful Nora Girl

Nora's Musings