Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Starting on the Journey to Health

Today I am starting on the journey to health. I pulled out a notebook and labeled it my food diary, but really it is going to be my heath diary.

Every morning I am going to weigh myself. I will write down everything that goes into my mouth. Food, water, soda, candy. Everything. I will also write down a general description of my activities to give a general idea of my activity level.

Each night I will run my calculations through somewhere online to see what the balance of activity to food calories was.

At the end of the month, if I haven't lost weight I am going to the doctor for tests. I am going to watch portion control and try to get out and move more often. No matter what happens, I am going to find some answers. I hope the answer is just that there have been a lot of extra calories making their way into my diet that I can cut out and find health again.

I will update the blog to show how I am doing, and I also got this ticker from tickerfactory. Don't let me forget to update it!

I also will be using the site http://www.my-calorie-counter.com/ as an online version of my paper journal. I will be striving to do both so I can take one to the doctor's office if need be.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

frolicnfibers said...

Wow, Alee, that is so exciting! I wish you all the best. With that attitude you are sure to succeed! by the way, your new pics of Nora are adorable...as usual! Hugs, Di

Unknown said...

Good Luck Alee, positive attitude brings positive results.. I am thinking of a strategy to help me drop afew pounds as well. * Like drinking more water, I am really bad about that.
Hugs, Cheryl

My Beautiful Nora Girl

Nora's Musings