Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Starting on the Journey to Health

Today I am starting on the journey to health. I pulled out a notebook and labeled it my food diary, but really it is going to be my heath diary.

Every morning I am going to weigh myself. I will write down everything that goes into my mouth. Food, water, soda, candy. Everything. I will also write down a general description of my activities to give a general idea of my activity level.

Each night I will run my calculations through somewhere online to see what the balance of activity to food calories was.

At the end of the month, if I haven't lost weight I am going to the doctor for tests. I am going to watch portion control and try to get out and move more often. No matter what happens, I am going to find some answers. I hope the answer is just that there have been a lot of extra calories making their way into my diet that I can cut out and find health again.

I will update the blog to show how I am doing, and I also got this ticker from tickerfactory. Don't let me forget to update it!

I also will be using the site http://www.my-calorie-counter.com/ as an online version of my paper journal. I will be striving to do both so I can take one to the doctor's office if need be.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

frolicnfibers said...

Wow, Alee, that is so exciting! I wish you all the best. With that attitude you are sure to succeed! by the way, your new pics of Nora are adorable...as usual! Hugs, Di

K-Falls Farmgirl Cheryl said...

Good Luck Alee, positive attitude brings positive results.. I am thinking of a strategy to help me drop afew pounds as well. * Like drinking more water, I am really bad about that.
Hugs, Cheryl

My Beautiful Nora Girl

Nora's Musings