Sunday, February 3, 2008

Wow! It has been a while!

I am so sorry it has been a while since I last posted. First, my laptop got a virus and I ended up having to re-format before I could save any files. So I lost everything. Good thing all of our photos had been loaded onto Photobucket long before this happened. Or at least I think it was all of them. I hope it was all of them!

Then it has been snowing like crazy here. So all of my free time has been going to dig us out after and in between each snow fall. One day I got my car high centered on snow going to work, coming home from work, when I got home infront of my house, and then the next day again in front of my house (different location). Each time I had to have someone with a truck drag my poor car forward or backwards. Either that, or wait for the spring thaw. Which might happen this week which is really bad. We are supposed to get temperatures up in the mid fourties which sounds great after all this below freezing weather- except for the HUGE snow drifts everywhere. We are going to have melting water trying to find somewhere to go and all the storm drains are covered in 3-4 feet (yes, feet!) of snow. Not to mention our storm gutters are full of ice, our roofs are creaking under the snow weight. So it will be interesting to see where the water goes.

Nora is doing great. She can walk with the help of a rolling walker toy from Fisher Price. It is so adorable. At first she was a bit leary of walking with the toy, and now she crawls over to it all the time! She even can pull herself up on it without help, which I think is great especially since it rolls really easily. She also has been enjoying her first "horsey" rides where she rides on my back as I crawl around on hands and knees. She does great! I hope this means that she will be a natural at riding real horses when the time comes!

Doug was really sweet to let me borrow his computer when my was down, but I really love having mine back again!

Oh! Did I mention that Doug took me to the card room 8 minutes away to play poker and I ended up leaving the table with more money than when I sat down? I made $57 in about 2 hours. It was lots of fun, though I have lots to learn if I want to play poker very often.
I am going to post the Essay contest winners and the Essay tomorrow. Until then, I will leave you with some pictures of my world in the last few days!















No comments:

My Beautiful Nora Girl

Nora's Musings