Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bad to Good

Do you ever have something really bad happen in your life? And when you are dealing with that situation it seems like only bad things are happening? And then a little while after, you look back and realize that the bad thing was actually the start of something good?

That seems to happen quite a bit in my life. For example, when I found out I was pregnant with Nora, I was pretty depressed. I was horribly worried that I was going to have another miscarriage. I had gone through two miscarriages at that point. And to top it all off, my friend at the horse ranch who I was working for at the time decided that I probably shouldn't work around the horses anymore. It was a sad loss to me.

But as my pregnancy progressed and I moved out of the icky morning sickness stage, I really enjoyed being pregnant. Birth was hard, but I was even amazed at how quickly I recovered and was back to normal again.

Well once again something bad turned to good for my family. Doug was in a horrible car wreck in early December. He is very lucky to still be walking the earth with us today. And while he is still stiff and sore from the accident, he is pretty much back to normal again. This last week we received the first of two checks to pay us for his "pain and suffering". These checks are such a blessing in our life right now. It is giving us a chance to catch up on some bills, fix some broken computer equipment, and just all around get back to where we are supposed to be at again. Thank goodness!

Keep looking for those good things in life that help build us up. Sometimes it is easy to get "road dazed" with all the stumbling blocks that life can throw us. Maybe they aren't so much stumbling blocks, but stair steps that we didn't see and stumbled over. Perception is everything. I would much rather perceive my self steping up on all of life's problems and using them to get higher than perceiving myself stumbling over them and falling down.

No comments:

My Beautiful Nora Girl

Nora's Musings