Friday, July 9, 2010

You win some, you lose some.
 
We had ALMOST gotten rid of all our revolving debt.  Then our tire shredded on the interstate and I had to advance ourselves some money.  Luckily we have those resources- even if they do cost high interest.  I am sooo ready to be out of this mess so we can start a savings account.  However over all we have done pretty well in reducing our revolving debt.  This setback has only set us back by 2 weeks.  Roughly $700 of Revolving debt should be resolved our next paycheck and the remaining $1-200 will be resolved first of August.  Phew and good riddance!!
 
Yesterday I spent $140 on groceries for 2 weeks.  That included laundry supplies, hygiene supplies, a swimming pool for Nora and groceries.  I always smile a bit when we can get away with such a “cheap” amount for groceries.  I am looking forward to being able to increase our variety of fruits and veggies more in a couple weeks, but $125ish per week has been doing well for us. 
 
Nora is really growing up.  Her vocabulary is increasing every day, and we are trying really hard to not fall into the pattern of understanding what she wants so not making her fully vocalize.
 
We spent the 4th of July weekend in Wyoming with my parents and the Cousins.  It was SO much fun.  It was great seeing Nora play with her cousins and really enjoy their company.  The next “big” purchase I want to make is a bike for Nora.  She wants one so bad.  What do you think?  A bike or a Tryke?  Nora finally mastered the forward pedaling on the tryke.  I think that is pretty good since she has only ridden it about 2 or 3 times!  But she is already asking for a bike.  And she LOVES riding on the child seat of my bike.  So I am thinking we might skip the Tryke stage.  Or maybe we will buy both if I can find a good deal at a thrift shop!
 
I wish I could get about a week off of work.  I got so much done around the yard yesterday.  I watered, weed whacked, mowed, worked in the garden, got Nora’s pool set up and wanted to get even more done.  I need to buy some better tools next pay day to trim the trees in our yard.  Some of them are getting flat out of control.    I love the shade they provide, but we need to be able to drive our cars under them and mow around them.  I also need some tar or something to see off the sucker branch forming areas. 
 
The good news is that the garden is doing great.  The carrots are growing long and straight, the tomatoes are coming along, and we have apples all over the tree.  I am going to try to put in a fall garden since I didn’t get as much variety as I wanted planted this Spring.  Our local Extension Agency lists each month things you should do in your yard per the growth stage and what you can plant.  I am going to try to get back in “tune” with their schedule.
 
 

No comments:

My Beautiful Nora Girl

Nora's Musings